I love skin that glows. I really do. I have also been noticing that my skin has been less than luminous lately, due to many factors such as stress, diet and lack of sleep. A good routine is needed in order maintain that luminous, dewy look. A routine should include the following:
- Moisturizer. You should have two types of moisturizer in your kit. One for the day, one for the night. A day moisturizer should include SPF (Sun Protection Factor). One of my favorites is Mary Kay Timewise. The daytime formula goes on light and has a SPF 25.
- Exfoliate. Through exfoliation, you remove dead skin cells and this allows the healthy skin to shine through. You can find a few good ones on the market, but DIY ones are just as good (and as effective).
- Water. This is one of the best things we can do for our skin (and bodies). Drinking 8 glasses of water per day is ideal and the benefits are endless. Your skin can actually look younger, if properly hydrated.
- Removing your makeup. Seems like a no brainer, but when you’re exhausted and have just worked a 12 hour day, it might not be the first thing on your mind. Your skin will thank you, if you remove your makeup daily. Trust me!
- Diet and Exercise. Yes! Exercise can help your body and skin. Exercise increases blood flow throughout your body and a result, brings nutrients to the skin. Have you ever noticed that glow after exercising?? Now, you know why. Your diet is also a factor. You should eat lots of fruits of vegetables. Remember, you are what you eat.
As for me, I am going to challenge myself to follow this routine for 30 days (no breaks) and I will share the before and after photos with all of you. These are easy steps and ones that can really help your skin look great.